PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair TR Funding
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 19:42
blackred1443

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think pilotho unfortunately like many in a similiar position to yourself you are completely missing the point.

the problem with mummy and daddy sponsoring you, is that you can afford to take on crap terms hopeless pay etc because you are not standing 'on your own two feet' or so to speak.
a candidates suitability to be offered a job as f/o at ryr etc has more to do with your parents financial status than just your ability as a pilot.what seperates you from me is i couldnt afford to pay for a tr you could, so you could afford to take crap terms, i couldn't.it becomes a very uneven and unfair playing field.while should my company offer me the terms they do when you come along and accept crap because at the age of 23 your unwilling to patiently wait for that jet job rather than throwing 35k at the problem.how does my company compete with ryr bases on employee costs,they cant,so they my cut t&c

you take the jobs away for the general pilot community and they are available to a select few i.e. those with wealthy parents

the lewis hamilton analogy probably isnt appropriate because as far as i know mclaren havent charged him 35k to drive the car, they havent told him to set up his own company so he can get paid.he doesnt work for an agency.hes guaranteed an annual salary not we will pay you by the race if we need you to drive, and he got his job down to ability pure and simply,daddy may have paid for him to drive carts in the early days but he still has a very rare god given talent.he was being supprted by daddy while in formula 1.and fernando alonso or any other drive didnt have his terms attacked because lewis hamilton entered the sport.probably not quite the same situation when you analyse it is it

to be honest your post just sums up the whole problem with the bank of mummy and daddy.its blissful ignorance of the damage it causes.im sorry if this comes across as blunt but how can you fail to see the damage it does and the reason people have an issue with it?

yes you are getting to learn your trade,but what will your trade be like in 5 or 10 years time because of your decisions