PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMI/EMC Test Matrix
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 19:22
Tweedles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Pilot DAR, ICT SLB and TMAB for your replies. I apologize for not getting a reply out to you sooner.

I have incorporated much of what you have suggested, Pilot DAR and ICT SLB. TMAB, in referencing DO-160, I too believe that it is geared towards laboratory testing of airborne equipment. My task is to verify how all the equipment acts when operated together.

Our legacy test plan format had us turn everything on and provided little direction once that was done. I borrowed a format that has been used elsewhere in our organization; this format segregated our completion equipment into sections of the cabin. This allows us to check for EMI in a somewhat logical manner.

We check newly installed completion systems against flight deck systems, the new systems against each other, and also check for interference in completion systems due to flight deck system operation. I added directions on modes of operation to be checked as well as space to record transmit frequencies where appropriate. I believe these changes will make this procedure more thorough and also easier to use – time will tell.

I also found AC25-7A and AC25-10 to be helpful in determining just what is required - or more appropriately, what methods have previously been found to be acceptable.

Regarding downloading FDR and CVR data - I'm looking into this as that is something I have not seen done here. Currently the CVR mic is monitored via headset.

Again, I appreciate your taking the time to reply. Your insights helped give me the confidence that I wasn't "all wet" with some of my suggested changes.

Take care,
Tweedles