PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most protracted PPL ever?........
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 15:28
kevmusic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a time for a long break in your training!

Roll on the next couple of weeks!
......and the next, and the next.......

Real life just has a habit of doing that. The new teaching term started in September and with it, a whole plethora of issues - mainly concerned with there not being enough business! Additionally, the gig work, which finances ny flying, has also dropped off in a big way. As yet the flying is unaffected because I have some cash put aside, and plans are afoot to bring in more business for both teaching and gigging.

On with the story. A nice trip to Hawkhurst a couple of weeks ago secured the class two medical, leaving the comms written exam as my final hurdle before the Skills Test. What a lovely read CAP 413 is! Curled up in front of the fire with the dog snoozing on the rug and a steaming mug of Horlicks by your side - such bliss. NOT!!! I've never found anything so boring in my life. Well, okay, I can see how necessary it is and I could enjoy taking a pride in getting it right, but it's like Air Law in that it's bl**dy hard to get it to stick. Then I do the Airquiz tests and come away with 60% or something and I realise it's time to do something positive. So I rang Bruce and fixed up a ground school session with the exam at the end of it.

This morning I rolled in, got a cup of coffee and sat down to one of Bruce's brilliant Power-Point presentations. Then I went for it. By the time I emerged Bruce had gone flying so I went home. By the middle of the afternoon Bruce had left a message on my answer machine with the good news that I'd got 90%. Huge relief about that, and the fact that all the written exams are now done.

But it's been so long since I've flown that I've now got to do a top-up before the Test, and that's scheduled for next Wednesday. Talk about two steps forward........