PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is now a good time to train? You might be surprised!
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 12:03
LAX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My FO debt record is a friend of mine who told me - 2 or 3 yrs ago now - that he had done a special deal with his bank manager to pay 1500euro/month for 7 years then he would be clear with the bank, at which point he would then start paying his parents 1500euro/month for 7 years and then he would be finally debt free. Do the maths its an eye watering amount of cash!

And i'll throw in another word of warning out there despite the many on this forum. A colleagues son finished an integrated course recently, i have some sympathy as it was undertaken in conjunction with an airline with the prospect of a job at the end. Times changed - he works in a supermarket - loan payments start shortly - skills are fading while newbees graduate every month. Airlines have pilot jobs, not the flight schools.

Good luck to all, i dont blame anyone for wanting to train its a great job, please be sensible and realistic. Lets hope in the next few months we can kick Gordon is a Moron out of office and get someone in with a backbone to reel the bankers in and stop this financial, crazy, flight training madness