PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2007 Puma Crash, Enquiry and Inquest (Merged)
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:19
Chugalug2

Received 234 Likes on 72 Posts
Fat Chris:
Change the record Chug. Do you have to look for an airworthiness edge to nearly every fatal aircraft incident in the last few years?
Well, I certainly suspect an airworthiness edge to this one. Whether that be the "problems" that are "handled on a day to day basis" or downsizer's:
somebody flying like a d1ckhead
The incompetent and malign staffing that brought a badly unairworthy aircraft into squadron service only to have the pilots take the rap for the subsequent accident 15 years ago has since managed to subvert the training and supervisory standards to such an extent that the subject accident of this thread might well fit that original unjust finding. Am I alone in seeing the tragic irony in that? You ask me to take the hint and stop being an "airworthiness troll". I'll take that "hint" from the moderators should they so deem it but not you, if you don't mind.
As to your "airworthiness empire", BW, if you had in mind the dying days of the Ottoman or Austro-Hungarian ones, I'd take your point. If the "A" word is anathema to you or others then by all means think of "Flight Safety" instead, which might be termed the retail outlet of Airworthiness. Would you call that an "empire" also? I see that Air Clues is making a welcome comeback. If only all the foundations on which the old Flight Safety "empire" of my day rested could be restored so easily, but I fear they have crumbled before the onslaught of Philistines that have moved in to slash and burn at them ever since.

Last edited by Chugalug2; 22nd Oct 2009 at 10:33.