PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL training in Cumbernauld
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 08:15
fisbangwollop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I talk to both schools on a daily basis ( I provide an Air traffic service in the area's they operate ) Both clubs without fail seem to have aircraft airborne every day so that said things with both look very healthy. I cannot comment about about the Cumbernauld Flight Centre as I have never visited them but I have recently visited the Leading edge club after one of their members organised a visit to the ATC centre at Prestwick. From what I saw the club has a good selection of instructors and aircraft available, a good age mix of clubmembers whom all seem very friendly, a nice club room and good web site. Also dont forget Cumbernauld airfield itself seems a great place to fly from with a runway that will not spoil you ( not huge like Prestwick ) and friendly voices in the ATC tower that do not have the same ATC restrictions that operating from a busier airfield would have.
Good luck with your training with whom ever you choose, I look forward to speaking to you soon as you take to the air........