PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Learned About Flying From That (ILAFFT)
Old 14th Jun 2002, 01:42
oldpinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could never match Mr Eacott (we are not worthy)

My humble contributions;

Going out looking for bad guys in a surface search in a SK and finding a yacht to hover alongside to say hello to, staying there just long enough to arrive back on deck of the ship with BOTH fuel low captions illuminating.....

Same exercise; having 'Arrival' competitions back over the deck between the pilots, unfortunately I misjudged the wind, instead of coming to the hover alongside 4 spot on the flat top thingy, it went something like, 4 spot, 3 spot, 2 spot, 1 spot, ramp, phalanx... backed down the flight deck to the marshaller and duly got a scorecard of 0.0 held up in the window of flyco. Luckily no 'grown ups' were on watch!

Not one of mine, but quite a while ago at a Culdrose air day, two QHIs did the 'old lady wins the flight in a hiller competition'. The QHI wearing the wig and dress, after 'Stealing' the aircraft from the other QHI took off, and in the process, the wig slipped down to give him a 2inch view of the world. His simulation of an old lady not quite in control of a helicopter was apparently VERY realistic!!