PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2007 Puma Crash, Enquiry and Inquest (Merged)
Old 21st Oct 2009, 22:49
Chugalug2

Received 234 Likes on 72 Posts
Vecvec,etc:
Mate you really do talk a lot of chutney.
Pots and Kettles, old chum, pots and kettles. I meant the amount paid to maintain Airworthiness, the driving force behind the demise of which has been budgetary cutbacks. The beancounters have slashed their way into its very vitals and it is costing lives. Others have spoken of the need for crewmembers to challenge aircraft commanders when their actions appear to go outside the authorised envelope. Exactly the same process is required of those manning desks and dealing with Airworthiness provision. If they are ordered to depart from the authorised procedures laid down by regulation they should refuse and report such illegal orders. That is their duty. The pity is that many have failed in that duty and somewhere sometime such failure will result in an accident, perhaps a fatal one. I don't know if the old maxim "Flight Safety Concerns You!" is still around, if not it should be, for it seems to me to be more relevant now than ever.