PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Britannia Going Lo-cost Airline?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2002, 22:31
WelshCityFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Seat only pax?? read on......

I'm sorry to be the one to poor the metaphorical cold water on this one, but somebody has to:-

Just wait UNTIL you actually start to implement this idea, my company already do.

Imagine.... an aircraft, full to the brim of passengers. Lets say a 757 for example. Of all the 230 + (depending on airline), people it carries, 130 have ordered meals, 100 have not. Now - going by the 'correct' policies laid down, these 100 no meals passengers SHOULD be sitting at the rear of the aircraft. Of course, in reality, they will be (and ARE), scattered all over the place. The crew cannot find them: the manifest SAYS they are all in different places - they have to get their flight tickets out, to prove whether or not a meal was ordered....

Oh, by the way, lets make it worse - ITS A PALMA!!! - yes, 2.5 hours TOPS. This is a nightmare scenario, worse than the imagination, but IT IS HAPPENING.

Imagine - can't find the no meals pax adequately, not enough meals loaded on board, very upset pax, 'don't' look too professional, etc, etc...

Say what you will, personally, I would rather work aboard a 'dedicated' no frills <no meals> aircraft/environment anyday. than this "mixed bag"

For the psychological wellbeing of the Brittania crew, I sincerely hope that this method is NOT adopted by yourselves - think on.....

WCF