PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2007 Puma Crash, Enquiry and Inquest (Merged)
Old 21st Oct 2009, 05:07
Dengue_Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Professional Student

Well said. Reasoned and, I think, all too accurate.

Even when I was in, it was something that was being highlighted then. Sadly, with all the pressures being applied to the (shrinking) military, it was inevitable that we 'reaped what we sowed' at some point. It doesn't just affect aircrew either.

Sadly, those responsible for the erosion will never stand in the dock as they are well clear. In fairness, it wasn't always their fault when the 'policy-makers' only ever want to hear that the '**** is actually fertilizer and promotes growth' (alluding to the amusing broadsheet that was being passed around when I left).

I feel such an empathy for those still in, maintaining standards was always the hardest job, especially when expediency prevents the 'weaker' being weeded out. 'Who are you to say he's no good, when 'God' has determined that he's got all the ticks?'

More of this kind of accident seem inevitable. It also takes a 'gutsy' crew member to have the discernment to call 'Enough'.