PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interviews!
Thread: Interviews!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2002, 21:16
SydGirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cino2go I too am ex-Ansett and am astounded that you could even make that remark!! Have you applied to any airlines? Have you taken the initiative to get your resume together and "sell yourself"?

I'm sorry to hear that some people are putting every ex-Ansett person into the same old basket and think that we all believe we are owed a job. That is simply not true. There are some ex-Ansett people that (in my opinion) should not be flying again! Unfortunately they seem to be the same people that are whining and moaning that airlines are not knocking on their doors begging for them to come work for them.

If you want a job with the airlines you need to get out there, sell yourself and show them you are the best person for the job. You can't rely on the FAAA or anyone else to mollycoddle you and help you bypass the interview stage to land right in training school without making any effort yourself. And even then, your future employer has to believe you will be able to perform the duties of the role as THEY want you to perform them - not the way Ansett did!

OK enough of my rantings Good Luck all!
SG