PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SriLankan Airlines
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2009, 02:17
kflyer2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UL312, sorry mate, it's you who are mistaken. Find the right facts. BA and specially AI, are through heavily turbulent times. AI is going to sell its fleet of 77Ls. And replacing 747s with 777s is not going to do them any good when they launch routes such as DEL-JFK-IAD. Like I said earlier, if not for the government bail out they would have already been history. Taking AI as an example of an airline recovering is hilarious. Where and when has AF and EK differed deliveries ? They have not, but even if they did, it does not mean they are doing bad. An aircraft differing does not come at airline's inability, but also because of a lack of a demand which is not the carrier's fault. And where have they cut frequencies ? From what I know both have increased frequencies and EK itself increased India to 182 weekly flights and launched a couple new destinations.
Re ABE, I was under the assumption that UL had at least one aircraft under its ownership.
Like I said earlier, we need not to get into a battle for this.
Plus, if you mean a lean operation, then expanding is a must because UL is overstaffed but cannot lay off either. Why don't you understand that UL cannot regain its market share if lost once ? Plus which other destinations are left to be cut ? Please present us your plan.