PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SriLankan Airlines
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2009, 18:28
UL312

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Kflyer2 When you wrote about ABE I thought you knew the facts. It looks like you wrote what you assumed. This is the issue that I'm talking about. Before you write ( on this forum or your blog) you need to do the proper research and get the facts RIGHT.

Well for the recovery of the airlines. AI and BA are recovering (but slowly) eg AI is switching most of its operations to 777s and getting rid of its excess fleet. BA is reducing the fleet and asking staff to work for free.Recovery from troubled times cannot be don overnight. It takes a lot of time and careful planning.

Some of the airlines which you mentioned eg AF and Emirates have differed deliveries and cut down frequencies and routes (a little bit of research you would have found it your self). So you can't call them as doing well. If they were they wouldn't have done that , now would they ?

The whole industry is not doing so well but. its getting better. Till it is, the best thing to do in my opinion is to run a lean and mean operation ( although I'm sure you will once again repeat your self saying downsizing is bad and market share will be lost bla bla bla....)