PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is now a good time to train? You might be surprised!
Old 20th Oct 2009, 14:22
LAX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
return on investment,

Your decisions are some of the most sensible comments written on this forum in months.

I was 19 when i first started flying but unlike many of todays financially niave wannabe army quickly learnt that i was going to sink some serious cash to go commercial and was not comfortable borrowing what was required. I took a non flying job, saved my money, invested it wisely and when the timing was right in my thirties decided to get my ATPL. I figured it was my money and mine to loose. I never borrowed a penny/cent, didnt have to sell my home, the only thing i have is a small bond to pay for my command if i leave my employer in the next 12 months.

Todays credit card army of wannabes dont understand that intrest charges will eat you alive for years even if you have a good income.

Many of the FO's i fly with today, - dont get me wrong - who are really good guys/gals - tell me about the level of debt and the financial commitments they have and its hurrendus, absolute commercial suicide. It gives me a very smug feeling inside knowing that my more conservative actions over the years were right and they will be paying for theirs for a long time to come!!!

Good Luck!! Never say never!!

Last edited by LAX; 20th Oct 2009 at 15:07.