PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What hope for low hour pilots ???
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2002, 18:47
fcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are now in the same situation as I and about 20 of my colleagues were 12 years ago when we finished our training at Oxford.We all thought we were going straight into job's when leaving and only about 3 did.
Don't be disheartened as I don't know of one single pilot that hasn't eventually ended up in the right hand seat of a jet.It may take up to 3years and in my case it was 5 but I got there eventually.I can also see where you are coming from when you say you are prepared to offer your services for free as I have a long memory and I can remember doing exactly the same.You just want to fly and consider it a bonus that you are gaining experience without the pain of paying for it.This approach very rarely works though and then only if you are prepared to work out of timbuctoo on a cessna.It's easy for experienced pilots to say it is immoral to fly for nothing but to these guys the novelty of flying has worn off and of course it is now just a job.Stay in there and keep your ear close to the ground and keep pumping out those single page C.V's and I promise you you will get there.In the meantime try and get a job with an airline at least you will be in a position to hear the latest news and get in there before the others,thats what I did.