PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Physics MSci Or Aeronautical Engineering Meng at University?
Old 20th Oct 2009, 13:50
Scott Duch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im currently 17 and i'm halfway through my first semester of doing Aeronautical Engineering. Most of my day consists of maths at 9am with analogue electronics, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, engineering skills and aerospace engineering. It's a very challenging degree and i have to spend upto 3 hours a night keeping on top of it all. I was worried as i wanted to become a pilot as soon as i left school but with the current climate i choose uni. I thought i wouldnt put alot of effort into such a hard degree as i already have the qualifications needed to get into many FTOs but i have been putting alot of work in im although it's tough and a big challenge it's worth it. Our course has a mdoule named Aerospace Engineering which takes us away from the maths etc and goes on about the industry, history of flight, boeing, airbus, flight instruments, aerodyanmics....the basic concepts and i see this tieing up nicely with ATPL studies. Overall, i'm very happy with choosing Aeronautical Engineering. Right now i'm on the MEng but might just do the BEng, see how it goes.