PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What hope for low hour pilots ???
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2002, 18:43
jarjam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smartcol,
I to sympathise with you, I completed fATPL MCC late last august just before sep 11.
As other posters stated the FTO's are under no obligation whatsoever to give you career guidence, they are businesses and make their money on producing pilots like a sausage factory regardless of the state of the market.
Like you and many others I to have been through the mill financialy and emotionaly but I will not give in.
After sept 11 I managed to pay for an FIC on my credit card throughout Dec/Jan I worked hard on this. After I put myself around and was LUCKY enough to come across a good flying school at a major U.K airport, they took me on and after three months I have just crept past 500hrs and rescently renewed my M.E./I.R which was a relief I can tell you.
My point is dont give up, do what ever you can to stay close to the industry flyng if possible if not go and get a job with a ground handling agency, anything to keep yourself associated and your finger on the pulse.
Yes its crap at the moment but dont let your chances be ruined by falling into the shadows because when it does come good nobody will have a clue who you are.
I know I'll be ready. keep your chin up.

Cheers Chaps.