PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cirrus sr22
Thread: cirrus sr22
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2009, 10:26
scooter boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
corrigenda

GDF, where did you school dear boy?

-us becomes -i most of the time (if the cirrus is to be considered a masculine object) in the plural

Composites are the future though - I have nothing against composites and have about 600h in a composite airframe.

I don't think fixed gear is the future though, if the cirrus looked more like a Lancair legacy I would be in love with it. In the meantime I remain the exception to the rule by disliking its shape and recoiling at the marketing used to push the product.

When flying the Mooney (not just sitting in it). The person flying will have their seat 6" or so forward of the front seat P2. This staggers your shoulders nicely so there is no shoulder rubbing.

Pace is right - the backseat is very spacious.

Complaining about cabin width in a Mooney is like complaining about visibility out of a lamborghini. You don't buy a Lambo for its parallel parking qualities just as you only buy a Mooney to go farther and faster using less fuel than anything else. I am sorry but I think they are pretty vital usps.

Also if you look at your flying, how much of it is done with 2 or 3 others in the aircraft.
In my case I have had 4 on board a few times, 3 on board frequently, 2 on board often, but most of my flying was solo.

....and another thing, don't give me that "I like to break the journey up and stop for lunch in Cannes" nonsense, Fuji. The only reason you do is because you have no other choice! I'd rather be eating a packed lunch up in the flight levels in a Mooney than waste time on the ground being tortured by the French/Italian aurthorities and paying through the nose for fuel .

For long trips I fill up with Jersy/Guernsey fuel, I have a Lord John (with Lady Jane adapter!) which drains the channel islands fluids mid flight, it beats having to land and clear customs, file another flight plan, refuel etc... I am infinitely happier staying in the airway sipping fuel LOP and getting better mpg in a straight line than many cars (with no euronav charges).

Nothing beats getting there in 1 hop. Less cost, less time, less risk.

Buy a Mooney and cross an entire continent in one hop - it has a greater range than many bizjets.

...and by the way, I'm sure your WAGs are all beautiful!

SB