PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EgyptAir in hot water with the EU
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2009, 09:12
PorkKnuckle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I flew with egyptair about 10 years ago. Such wonderful, well-mannered passengers, all waiting patiently in line. And the staff - so friendly, helpful, polite, professional. Such a pleasant experience it was.

We ended up in the jumpseats, which was nice of them as the flight was full.

I saw one of their captains in the terminal who had FIVE gold bars. He was strutting to match the opinion he (and his employers presumably) obviously had of himself.

On take-off, I was suitable impressed when the pilots managed to rotate, then light up their ciggies before the first turn.

Their phones were on the whole time. I know because they were piled on the centre radio pedestal right in front of me and one started ringing at about 5000 ft. I seemed to be the only one who thought this was odd.

Just like Capt Couscous in the youtube vid, their pilots' epaulettes had the widest, shiniest gold bars I've ever seen. I was impressed to see them tuck the harness shoulder straps UNDERNEATH the epaulettes so as not to tarnish the gold-coloured thread. They get themselves a new set every time they pass their sim assessments (if they pass).