PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Embarrasing Saffers!
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2009, 04:58
Der absolute Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
three eighty..to try to answer your questions to me briefly, because this moves very much away from the original thread and so I will be quick and possibly final on this. It seems that you have taken some cultural offense at what I wrote so let me try, in the intersts of the racial harmony, to de-fuse the issues about which you feel so strong.
I see no negative connotations in what I wrote and I have nothing against the Boers, who were after all, stalwart trekkers, of whom it only might be said that their interpretation of the bible may be open to discussion. I think I said nothing about guilt but only, in a light hearted way tried to super impose a hypothetical historical event relating to one cultural element of the South African population into the development of the common language of the Congo. A connection which does not fit, of course, which is why French is the official language of the Congo and, as you point out so correctly, par hazard, English is the official language of aviation. As for the snide remarks, not at all, I made a factual remark as to the reason for of the great trek and nor did I shoot someone down for their language preference. Of course the crew had a right to request transmission in English, but I do not think that that was exactly what they politely did, but I was not there of course.
This one liner from post 14.....
The facts are not skew but for the purposes of PPRuNe, the affected and the effected bias could be.
Should have provided a clue as to the seriousness of the original post - sorry it did not work that way.

Last edited by Der absolute Hammer; 20th Oct 2009 at 07:58.