PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The state of (the) Philippine(s) aviation
Old 20th Oct 2009, 01:22
Mysha Da Kat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dr. Ruben Ciron

“My training molded me into a whole person”

Dr. Ruben Ciron says his training from Asia Graduate School of Theology (AGST), Philippines, “molded me into a whole person: physically, spiritually, emotionally and relationally. It enhanced my spiritual maturity, allowing me to obtain the skills for active involvement in church and parachurch ministries.”

In Ruben’s current position as Assistant Secretary for Personnel for the Armed Forces of the Philippines, he says, “My ministry studies have equipped me to handle the Department’s human resource development, particularly in the area of moral value formation program of our personnel.” The Department has been conducting Purpose Driven Life Seminars for almost two years, not only to Armed Forces personnel but also to Philippine National Police personnel. In addition, Ruben says, “My AGST dissertation research on emotional intelligence has further enhanced my spiritual and emotional maturity, allowing me to develop more personal and social competencies, empathy and social skills to manage and handle relationships.”

Ruben says the skills he learned in his studies helped him in his previous positions as well, including leadership in three major parachurch ministries (Vice President for Southeast Asia of the Association of Military Christian Fellowships International; Director of International Team Philippines ministry; Director of Fellowship of Christians in Government), as well as Field Commander and Staff Officer of the Armed Forces of the Philippines and Assistant Secretary of the Department of National Defense.

Ruben’s future ministry goals include continued reaching out to government personnel in the Philippines and in other countries. “Please pray that I may be an effective witness in the military and government offices.”

Date: 1/7/2009 11:54:28 AM

Source: Overseas Council - ?My training molded me into a whole person?