PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair TR Funding
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2009, 15:44
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mate, I agree, which is probably why I keep posting on this thread, trying to explain my decision-making, so that people don't make assumptions about my behaviour and reasoning. There are always many sides to any debate.

IMHO nobody should secure positions like piloting, which requires skill and involves responsibility for other people's lives, unless they do so on merit. Money should not be a factor - at all. I don't care whether the person at the pointy end is rich, poor, multi-coloured, multi-limbed or speaks fluent Klingon, provided they do the job well and keep me safe!

In that respect, I guess I only care how people get hold of the money to pay for a Ryanair TR in as much as they don't gamble with other people's money.

As an aside, I should add that I've yet to see actual evidence that FR recruit pilots who aren't up to scratch but that may be because they get so many applications that they can afford to employ only pilots with excellent potential. Will things change once they face competition from other employers and potential Ryanair FOs vote with their feet, heading for airlines with better T&Cs? I don't know.