PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 13th Jun 2002, 15:16
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know nothing about the course you refer to, and I'm sure others will comment appropriately. I would like to pick you up on your somewhat cursory impression of the RAF. The RAF is not 'an army type job'. They wear uniform, but that's about the limit of the similarity. Assuming you were up to the task, you would not 'be treated like a piece of turd' nor, unless you deserved it, 'like a school kid'.

If you wish to seriously consider the RAF as a place to begin your flying career, check out the RAF's careers website (I think it's www.rafcareers.com - if not, someone will correct me). The RAF is a highly professional workplace, with incredibly high standards. It is neither a place to belittle others, nor a place to while away time gaining hours towards a civilian licence. Unless you take it seriously, you will never be considered for its exceptional training and excellent flying.

As you might guess, I spent a considerable amount of time in the RAF as a pilot, instructor and recruiter.