PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cirrus sr22
Thread: cirrus sr22
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2009, 13:16
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just don't believe you when you say that with 4 aboard someone of your size was fine. I'm 6 ft and reasonably broad shouldered and found that when sat in the Mooney I was rubbing shoulders with the other person in the front. With the front seat in the right position for me there was no way I could sit in the back seat without putting my legs across it. It felt small and claustrophobic.
ILOC

I have to defend Scooter boy a little here I have flown 2 mooneys for about a total of 300 hrs. I am 5 ft 11 ins. Side to side I agree they are friendly. They are a pain to get in and out of but once in they are quite comfortable.

The back seats are infact the best area, very comfortable with good views and reasonable leg room 4 up.

They are very strong aircraft. The old saying that you will never break the wings off a mooney. They are fast for their engine size and have good range and fuel economy.

They do look dated in comparison to the Cirrus and in no way approach the size or comfort of the Cirrus.

Off autopilot the Cirrus is much twitchier and I could see it could easely be hard work for a low time IR pilot flying SP.

Having flown both I would go for the new Cirrus with the updated deicing.
I heard that Mooney were looking at a baby turbine shame Cirrus dont do the same! Lastly I like the idea of the shute! comfort zone maybe? but at least it adds another option should all go wrong and must be a big comfort to the SP flying his family if he/she trains them up in its use should the unmentionable happen.

Pace