PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Opportunities in BC?
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2009, 09:12
Omega471

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Following the Dream

Hey Alex,

12 years ago now, I packed up the car with $1000 in my pocket and headed to the Northern Territory in Darwin Australia to follow my dream. At the time I had a bare CPL, 220hrs and no plan at all, I didn't research the market prior to packing in my job and basically fell flat on my ar5e.

I managed to find a good job and transferred to my home town of Melbourne, Victoria, still no flying. Married, two kids, a mortgage and a good paying job, but I still want to fly professionally. Luckily for me, my best friend convinced me to give it a go again as at the time things were pretty good in Australia. I now have the best of both worlds. I still have my good paying job, and I fly part time on the weekends. Happy days.

If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way to make it work. Like one of the previous posts stated, their will be plenty of competition no matter where you go, or what you are looking for. Today the idea of professional flying may be totally unrealistic, but who knows what tomorrow brings.

Good luck and safe flying.

Cheers from Down Under