PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Were you ever on Victors (Merged - various)
Old 19th Oct 2009, 04:05
Manuel de Vol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
Those who flew Fred's Bent Wing Thing as a tanker will be sad to learn that Dave Foulger passed away recently.

Described in the ARSAG Newsletter as a 'Giant of Air Refueling', which is true more of his capability than perhaps his dimensions, he was an inspiration to novices and old sages alike. He took his energy and enthusiasm to Flight Refuelling Limited after retiring from the RAF, where he worked until recent years.

Bye bye, Dave, RIP.
That's sad news, BEagle. Dave was a really neat guy. Not quite a giant in stature, but certainly a giant in personality.

'Manuelita' and I will be attending the V-force reunion next April (provided the snow has thawed enough to enable us to get out of here) and we hope to meet up with many of our Victor (and Vulcan) friends.

An ex-Vulcan AEO (more infamous as a Buccaneer driver) was staying with me a few weeks ago and he told me about the V-Force reunion. - We will be there.

Unfortunately, it's far too easy to loose contact with people once you leave the service - and I was always renowned for taking the easy way out.

Manuel - aka Rupert, aka 'that f*****ng useless nav radar', aka Bluespear (for a short while between 82 and 86)