PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 problems
Thread: A380 problems
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2009, 03:31
Ref + 10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just flew Dubai - Heathrow in one and had a very nice journey. Upstairs in the first row of business though it was quite awkward to go to the lav. They are in the back behind the bar. The one directly in front of me was for first class and the girls, though pleasant, didn't want to let us go forward. Everyone in the first 10 rows tried. In the end they did let most through though. Serving the number of business pax that they had meant that there was a trolley in the aisle virtually always and made it annoying. Sounds like a small issue but you have to make your way past nearly 30 rows of business class configured pax chairs.

The bar was very popular and at one point was standing room only. When disembarking I thought it could be a lengthy affair but I was very pleasantly surprised as I was on the road in a courtesy limo within 30 minutes of stepping off.

Commercial issues aside, it is certainly and ugly beast but it has brought something new to the mix. I'm not a beancounter but I would love to have a fly of the thing. Same way I'd love to have a burn in a 744 really.

Time will tell how the Beluga Whale works out in the real world. In the mean time I have no problem being loaded onto one.