PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Written Exams
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2002, 13:17
Grim Reaper 14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Recently went the old 'four week' trip myself. My advice to you would be that if you are happy to be absolutely knackered from the stresses of learning to fly, and yet still be more than happy to spend hours EACH DAY, taking lectures, studying outside of your core school hours, and taking exams, then do nothing until you get there.

If on the other hand, you would like to be in the enviable position of being able to concentrate on your exams alone, your flying, your flying skills and your flying practice, then get your head into the books now, properly, not just a quick glance and skip read through.

If you would like to be able to not worry about anything except your flying, get your @rse into gear, contact your local schools and get your darn exams done before you get there!

Me? I wish I had taken route 3.... your decision is a matter for no one but yourself. My 20/20 hindsight position is only a guide. Only you know what you want to achieve in your 4 weeks, and if having a day here and there to actually relax (and, god forbid, partake of an ale or two) features anywhere, I think you know the answer. There is no easy way to do it, just the way we all go - hard work and dedication. The consensus here is start asap. I would also add that the confuser, while useful, is no way to plan your exams. I have seen those students who have resorted to doing nothing but study the confuser, purely because they don't have enough time or effort to spare in a 4 week period. It doesn't make for a good flying experience.

Above all else, enjoy (and having your exams under your belt will make it that much easier, believe me!)