PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair TR Funding
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2009, 22:11
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread has got bogged down with debt and how you pay for your FR TR
Er, no, that's what the thread was supposed to be about...it's just that you and TheBeak would prefer to slag off Ryanair instead. Oh, and it's nice to see that you've put your favourite Pimping record back on the turntable WWW. I honestly hadn't realised that pilots at other Airlines get to choose their Base, the times they work, and choose their own SOPs. Why is it that all the pilots I know outside Ryanair spend as much of their time moaning about their own jobs as you do about Ryanair?

Like you, WWW, I know some very nice people working for Ryanair on Brookfield contracts. They're realistic about Ryanair, their decision to pay for their Type Rating, their pay and terms, their tax status, the walk across the 20 metres of tarmac, and all the other stuff. But they would rather be working for Ryanair than sitting on the dole.

Seeing as it's fashionable to keep repeating the same arguments on this thread, I shall do the same. There are many people out there who did not mortgage their parents houses yet can afford to fund a Ryanair TR, who have worked damn hard to be in the position to start a career in the airlines, who would love to have the time to be patient and wait for the recession to end, but for whom Ryanair represents a sensible (if unpalatable) option due to their personal circumstances. It is a myth that all Ryanair FOs are 21 years of age...

I have yet to meet a professional pilot who has criticised my decision to join Ryanair and I would trust the opinions of those with whom I have spoken about my decision well above the views of disgruntled pilots on an anonymous forum whose opinions are based on third-hand rumour and their own prejudices.