PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2009, 16:51
speedrestriction
I REALLY SHOULDN'T BE HERE

Received 97 Likes on 33 Posts
Most players in NI operate London, now is the time for LS
Gate 22,

Where is the logic in this? Because everyone else is doing it is in fact probably a good reason not to do it. Belfast to London is a decent sized market but there is more than enough capacity on it. Five minutes looking at fares for flights to London for next Wednesday gave me this, completely non scientific, I chose first cheap fare of the day. Obviously there are things to select/de-select all I was basically looking for was fare and taxes. Final figures by the time some companies take their hidden card handling fees will be higher.

Flybe £84.99
BMI £91.00
Aerlingus £81.98
Easyjet to LTN/LGW £63.99
Ryanair £77.37

I'm not trying to establish who is cheaper but my point is these are not full aircraft. There is still plenty of capacity on the route without another competitor entering a mature market with another 300 daily seats each way. Furthermore Jet2 would have to spend a significant sum to generate any profile for the route. When people think Jet2 they think maybe North of England, sunshine and ski. I cannot see any positive aspect of any more companies trying to fly a London route.

sr