PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to head next?
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2009, 11:10
mr_yozzie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the Colonel

Hey mate,

I think you need to be a bit more realistic about the situation. We all would love an FO job on a corporate jet but that just ain't gonna happen, unless you have thousands of hours or your family owns one!

It's good to have high goals to aim for, just be careful about setting them too high. How many hours total do you have? Also is the ATPL you spoke of just the theory subjects or the actual licence?

In answer to your endorsement query... If you have money to burn, go ahead and get the endorsements, just make sure you're under no illusions that having that endorsement will entitle you to a job on that type, you need hours and experience. I am assuming however that you have minimal hours as you have only flown the 172 and 182, if you do have thousands of hours, I apologise and wish you all the best. If you don't...can I suggest getting a twin endorsement and some twin hours under your belt.

We all have dreams of grandeur mate, just be careful you don't let that get in the way of realism. Best of luck buddy.