PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Busselton closed to training flights
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2009, 09:46
AirSic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you kidding?

Poteroo - Instead of heaping it onto the Busselton owners, maybe some of you should ask them for specific details.

This is the nothing new!

Poteroo - how far from the airport do you live?

With a statement like that, you either live very close or have a direct benefit to be derived from the local area.

After so much local money has been spent on some sensational facilities down at the airport, there has to be some very serious questions asked here!

Why has the council suddenly done a back flip on what I would suggest is one of the most important airports in the region?

Has the on coming Gorgan project up north of WA, put too much "potential" pressure on a council that has been advised they will receive a huge windfall....not enough accom in Perth and most skilled workers want to live in the South West, so Busso will prosper.

Have the current councilors other plans for their own fortunes?

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would stand in the face of some very strong economic times to come. IF, as the state Govt. suggest, Busso is going to "the place" to live, and knowing that the "skills" from the Gorgon project equal $$$$$, and those $$$$ can equal Flight Training, and local economy $$$$$, why would you stop them from coming?

I am sure there is more to this story...the down side is the continued degradation of GA in this once fine country!