PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Colombia's Avianca, El Salvador's TACA to merge
Old 17th Oct 2009, 21:43
FlyingOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I for one am excited about the "merger". I believe joe public deserves more for his buck and an alliance as such could mean cheaper fares and better service. Monopolies like LAN Peru's domestic ops (85ish% market share), aren't good for anybody, be it the travelling public or the employees themselves. Whether it be through TACA Peru or through a newly formed carrier owned by Mr Eframovich, there is opportunity for those who are willing to take the plunge. They better have deep pockets though if they want to compete with the monster that is LAN

I also believe that the "no hire" agreement between TACA Peru and LAN Peru will finally come to an end, thus allowing us to choose between one outfit and another, in search of better T&Cs. Since the controversial agreement wages have stagnated and overall T&Cs would have declined were it not for the LPE Pilots Union. TACA Peru to this day doesn't have union representation

Saludos,

OW

Last edited by FlyingOW; 17th Oct 2009 at 22:30.