PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2007 Puma Crash, Enquiry and Inquest (Merged)
Old 17th Oct 2009, 19:58
Chugalug2

Received 234 Likes on 72 Posts
Vecvec, I have said before I have no issue with your statement. I may be a civvie, indeed an even more despicable genre, a retired civvie, but I have served and know full well that the job of HM Forces is to confront and destroy Her Majesty's enemies when so ordered! But, with respect, what has that got to do with the price of fish? No enemy was present or party to any of these accidents other than the Hercules, and even then was only successful in all probability due to a significant Airworthiness deficiency of the type. I know that the pedants will cavil at that last sentence but a Military Transport aircraft should have basic fuel tank protection from small arms fire IMHO. That may constitute "fitness for purpose" rather than Airworthiness, so let us call it "Military Airworthiness" and not split hairs! In all other cases I maintain that there was an Airworthiness deficiency no matter what, and that it was significant in all probability, but not according to that BoI.