PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Progress Question
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2009, 18:02
whistling turtle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Vilt,

I can see why you would be concerned with 100 hrs to PPL and later interviews with airlines, but a lot of things must come into consideration such as were you learning part-time or full-time, what was yor attitude to training, the training standards of the school i.e. were the instructors genuinely interested or just hour-builders etc. and so on.

I have met people on full-time courses who literally just partied for a year and only did seven hours towards their PPL in that time.

On the flip side of the coin I have met people who were 100% committed and who were completely raped for hours by their greedy hour builder instructor - I had a friend who did 100+ hours to attain his PPL over a three month period and stuck with the instructor despite my cautions - he realizes his error now though.

And then I have met people who unfortunately just didn't have the aptitude to fly fullstop,

The fact is if you struggled through you're PPL you will have a very bad time with Instrument Training and in my opinion that is where it becomes very clear as to those who have what it takes to be proffesional Pilots and those who would be better off keeping it as a hobby.

I think that is something important to think about and good luck.