PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2007 Puma Crash, Enquiry and Inquest (Merged)
Old 17th Oct 2009, 17:04
Pheasant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chug,

Each of those accidents had significant Airworthiness issues that were discounted or ignored by their respective BoI's.
In the case of the Seaking accident I am intrigued by your assertion above. What were the "significant airworthiness" issues that were discounted, please justify your statement.

I am also struggling to recall an RN air accident where airworthiness or the Military Airworthiness regime run by the RN was in any way a significant factor in the accident. The vast majority were either unpredicted mechanical failure or some form aircrew issue/unknown cause. None were due to the process of airworthiness from my recall - of course there are always lessons that can be learned to improve the process. Once again we all need to be careful to speak of the Service that appears to have a problem, not colour all of the Services by saying there is a general problem. The RN system has been tested on many occasions and is robust and has oft been quoted as best practice.