PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Man killed in Norfolk plane crash
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2009, 14:47
Justiciar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The inquest concluded last week with a finding of accidental death. Evidence was given by the highly experienced photographer and by the airfield management that the pilots briefed for three circuits, the airfield had a Rule 5 exemption, Ian Davis was permitted to use this exemption once per month, he had not used it in October 2008 and there was no low flying beat up of the airfield. The crash happened off the third circuit. Everything to do with this flight was legal and the sortie was planned with the total professionalism to be expected of two hugely experienced and respected pilots.

I knew Steve, hence my interest in the record being put straight. The AAIB report contains some serious omissions which made it look as though the pilots wilfully disregarded the local rules of the airfield. This is not so and this lack of balance is now being taken up with the AAIB.

I hope the usual suspects don't jump back onto this thread and use it as a hook on which to hang the various issues they obviously had with anything remotely connected with the airfield.