PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft you love and hate to fly ...
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2009, 12:17
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
Love the D55 Baron
Love the Chipmunk, probably the only "Dash" I will ever fly
Love the C185
Loved the Thruster - believe it or not - raw 2-stroke fun. Had 2 engine failures in the 5 hours I flew in it though.

After 1100 hours on type I remain ambivalent about the Chieftain... and don't care for the Tiger.

Hate loathe and detest only one aircraft; A22 Foxbat: it embodies every stupid home-built shortcut you could ever wish to avoid
It has a center stick - fine - but the flap lever is mounted on the roof like an inverted C185 lever, meaning you have to change hands every time you change the flap setting.. and then battle the prodigious pitch change with your "off" hand.

There is no manual trim, only electric trim, operated by an "up" button and a "down" button. The manufacturer has, in their wisdom, used an identical button as the PTT and arranged them with a non-connected button, again identical, all in a diamond on the top of the yoke.

The result is predictable: the former student who owned the bloody thing came to me and said:
"There's something wrong with the radio... nobody ever answers my calls.. and every time I make a radio calls the thing goes out of trim!"

Happily I left that job before they decided it should be used as a training aircraft