PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sheffield City Flying School - Sandtoft
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2009, 11:22
7of9

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went to the Curry Night last night & met the new Director of 52nd Aviation Shaun Collins.

Welcome to 52nd Street!

He had a fair few positive idea's on what he wants to do to improve things at Sandtoft & laid himself open to questions.

Shaun mentioned that he wanted to open an on-line forum where members can discuss or criticise how the club is run to help improve everything to do with aviation at Sandtoft & also open an on-line booking system which would require a deposit to book an aircraft so if you book & don't show to fly you loose your deposit, obviously if the weather doesn't play right on the day you won't loose the deposit although you can still book via the office if you so desire. These were just idea's he mentioned last night while i was talking to him.

Ray Price has been taking aircraft across to Sherburn all week & getting faults sorted, in fact I flew over there with him yesterday in the C172 to pick up a C152 to fetch back & he stayed to have a few faults sorted on the C172.

He wants to try to reduce flying fees a bit to encourage more use of aircraft but as he said the aircraft have to be flying a lot more than they are now to exploit this.

Also Ray & Shaun want more social nights & plan a Bonfire party.

I hope more members support this as I felt there were not as many there last night as I have seen flying especially Students, the helicopter guys didn't show up & things here effect them as much as anyone, there were a few of the microlight guys but again not the usual guys I see at the weekends.Granted some may be away on business or on holiday, but I did see a few of the usual people there Friday afternoon flying, but they didn't show up in the evening.

Thanks Ray for the Free wine, i tried some & enjoyed it................

Cheers Trev