PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Soldier mocked over loss of legs
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2009, 21:14
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al R

I think you are both right and wrong here.
I am sure this lad could easily absorb mickey taking from his peers while in rehab. BUT, the thing that grips me is that these are just morons, who all well aware that folks like Gordon Brown tell them that this unfortunate lad had to lose his limbs in order for them to be able to gob off with NO comeback on the streets of the UK (due to our useless laws (laws!, meaning no slur on police).
The question is: Did they need to say anything in the first place (I'm guessing not), and what was their motivation for doing so?

If you and I met, and if I remember correctly, your background is a DPM'ish light blue, while mine is green, I am sure we could have a really good inter service banter session (and probably very offensive in civvy terms), but still have a good laugh. On the other hand, I would not ever call out to someone I had never met, and slag them off or abuse them for a lack of limbs.
So while I see and agree with your point above, I guess I would still hope that something could happen the the morons in this case, to show them the errors of their ways (and while a good beating springs to mind, I think the above idea of them visiting Selly Oak would be more effective and long lasting)