PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bush-bird namibia
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2009, 16:29
jetjockeyusa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ops within law ???

Oh, I also just saw that someone in here wrote that Bush Bird's Operations are within law, well, not at all and it seems the person that wrote that did not fly for Bush Bird, so i would like to correct that.

Well, it is not by law

1. Ignoring your requests to become a working visa so you spend most time possible working for him with a tourist visa so you earn no salary during that probation period although contract says you do earn money during probationary period (goes against human rights laws, labor laws and immigration laws) (happened to me)

2. Making you sometimes do some quick flights on your off days and still wanting to count it as an off day. Did not happen to me but info comes from pilots that work and worked there. (goes against air laws, labor laws)

3. Making you sign a waiver before each flight where you sign that you do all within limits. Yet you are taught to fly low level and in case of a problem there, you will be blamed and in case of your death, your parents will be held liable for dead tourists compensation money. Bush bird is protected through that waiver. (goes against moral laws, air laws, labor laws)

4. Lists you as Crew when you are not yet properly trained and type rated in that particular aircraft. With other words in case of an emergency during a observer flight loaded with passengers, you will be held responsible as well as the trainee in case the wrong actions are taken. (goes against air laws, labor laws) (Happened to me but not the emergency part)

5. In case you quit during your 3 month probation period you will be approached by Andy to pay back all your training, including scenic flights where you flew as an observer he will try and push out of you, yes, he even goes that far. Yet, you earn nothing because he denied your working visa, giving it as an excuse "ah this is Africa and it takes a long time" (yet Namibia is more German governed than Germany itself I found out) or "We are working on it and should be ready soon" (yet they do not).

With other words, you will pay him money that you owe him for training and observer flights (because in his words "well you took a seat of a client and therefore caused the flight to be a deficit". You obviously signed a contract by than that also states you will be paid a salary but of course that salary does not exist because you are there on a tourist visa, but of course the money that you have to pay back for every single thing exists because in his logic the contract is there and exists only for you to be a illegal worker until you are as he states "fully trained" in the C210 so you can start go on your own making money for him, which is exactly then when your working visa appears like a miracle on your first day of work.

If you want to go fly and build some hours and don't give a rat's about fairness and codes of ethics and respect, then go ahead and fly your hours there, because you will get plenty of those.

Last edited by jetjockeyusa; 10th Feb 2010 at 05:56.