PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Dispatcher Course and Type Ratings
Old 16th Oct 2009, 15:53
SU-GCM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight Dispatcher Course and Type Ratings

Hello

I have started my Dispatcher Course 2 weeks ago in Cairo, Egypt at the EAA Egyptian Aviation Academy the academy is certified from ICAO and the syllabus we are studying is JAA ATPL
However we didn't get the ATPL Books but the academy instructors made new books collected from the JAA ATPL original books and printed them into binders to avoid copyrights etc...
Upon graduation we should get a certificate that we finished the coure from the EAA and next comes the Examination at the ECAA - Egyptian Civil aviation authorities and they would issue me the license

now my questions are as follows

1- what do dispatchers study around the world or for example in Emirates aviation college ? are those guys also studying JAA ATPL ? or something else ? I am asking this question because it's the first time in Egypt that this syllabus is provided before the course was the FAA ATPL

2- my 2nd question is about dispatcher type ratings and how to add a type rating on my license ? what's the average cost ? and can I self sponsor a type rating ?

3- 3rd question is about job opportunities and the average pay with in the middle east ? would any of the giants accept any newbie applicant ?
and what's the starting salary ?

Looking forward for answers and a few advices on how to prepare my self for the job market

Thanks
SU-GCM