PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 16th Oct 2009, 15:32
boddamese

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of the replies to the original thread cross the line between "cold hard reality" and "hostility". Is that appropriate? Take a deep breath before you reply

For my tuppence worth...I would hope to tick the three necessary boxes as a wannabe:-
1) Optimistic - why else would you start down this road in the first place, at any time?
2) Realistic - my CPL/IR was completed Mar '09 and I don't expect a (flying) job this year or next.
3) Flexible - pay me (anything that is enough to cover rent, food & debt) and I will take any job, anywhere. At least until I am in a position to be more selective!

To the original poster (in the unlikely event he/she will ever be back...):-

Bad timing is better than no timing at all (i.e. not going for it if it is something you want to do), pay the debt off as best you can and fly, fly, fly in the mean time (it is supposed to be fun, remember!). Events beyond my control may conspire against me and I may never get a job to show for my £xxx outlay but I don't regret trying.