PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - exit row rules
Thread: exit row rules
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2009, 21:47
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually VS-LHRCSA that's a very valid point about the book at exits with no bulkheads. I assumed when trying to answer the question there was one as the poster did not say and I didn't think otherwise.

No company that I have ever flown with (only 3 so not nearly as many as you) has a policy of no books at exit rows be they self help at the overwings or exits manned by the CC. However having sat in a CC seat with no bulkhead between me and the pax I wouldn't want a hard copy of Air Babylon flying in my direction either now that you mention it !

Good point about the brace position as well although I only have ever flown on planes that do have seatpockets at these rows either in front or at the side.....the poster states he put his book in there. I think if we were going to ban books due to the brace position then we would have to do that in all seats. I think that would go down like a ton of bricks with the pax and would be very difficult to enforce on the cabin secure. As soon as our backs are turned they would just be picked up again.

I believe FR do not have seat pockets but only heard that through Galley FM. If that is right it would be interesting to hear how they manage this. Maybe this was FR as the pax does not state the carrier.

We actually have a compulsory debrief at the end of our duty. Most of the time this is along the lines of thanks for all your hard work and targets met etc. However if there are SEP issues these are always addressed.

I hope your unpaid leave is through choice? In the present climate so many crew are being "persuaded" to take it.