PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Prop?
Thread: What Prop?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2009, 16:49
enicalyth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Pilot's Notes

I have some Mosquito Pilot's Notes somewhere because my father, my flying instructor & Best Man and also my next door neighbour for ten years were all that generation. However Pilot's Notes expressed any criticism mildly though the veiled speech did not pass any of the pilots of the day by.

More importantly I cannot for the life of me recall a warbird history site, American I think, that links to just about every RAF wartime flight evaluation carried out. A particular idol of mine, D O Finlay, was one of the greatest test pilots at that establishment whose name I cannot remember either. Mental block all round.

By the time I was flying with HSPs pretty much all the vicissitudes had been ironed out but yes, I don't like the sound of those prop difficulties but then I would not want a prop lacking oil pressure, proper commanded speed and blade angle for whatever reason.

I'm sure someone will post the missing URL and it'll come to me anyway when I least expect it. I'll rummage through the loft and see what turns up, scan it and let you know.