PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amelia Earhart PNG Theory
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2009, 15:21
ZEEBEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wondered how long you were going to sit in silence on this matter Zeebee.
From what I have gathered sitting in 210s cutting never ending lines up and down the country, I had the same opinion as you have expressed. I'm glad someone that actually knows what he is talking about has expressed what I was thinking.
Wiz

I thought I had made the point before, but can't find the reference.

My reason for piping up again is that there is a call for people to put up some funds for this type of search and I feel some-one qualified has to warn them that it will be a waste of money.

David responded to my original post and said that he'd been assured by the company involved that it indeed could.

Since I was involved with "that" company and was one of the dissenters, my objection was over-ruled in the interest of commercial gain.

I maintain that any geo outfit who reckon that they can detect such a response, ought to do it as a public service. However, in this case, I wouldn't.

We actually did that some years ago when we ran a helicopter platform over Sydney Harbour in search of the missing Japanese Midget sub.

Unfortunately, we weren't looking in the right spot as it turned out, but we were reasonably confident of detecting it if it wasn't too fragmented.

But that was a 1,200 ton bit of steel not a 2800kg bit of aluminium with almost NO residual magnetic signature.

Currently, there is no known airborne surveying platform that can detect this target in a practical and economic manner.