PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair TR Funding
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2009, 15:00
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is everyone so fixated on Ryanair and the airlines? Fine if you want to do the same old thing day in, day out and in the case of at least RYR be treated as a consumable but there really is better out there. I suppose you just need to wit and imagination to see it.
and

I'm in a pretty similar boat to Flintstone.
Maybe it's because Bizjet operators very rarely employ low-hour pilots, except through nepotism or specific expensive intergrated ab-initio training courses which have been stopped due to the recession. Furthermore, seeing as companies like Netjets require 1500 hours minimum, including Jet or Turbo-prop time, and even their recuitment is frozen, it is not an option for the people reading this thread.

Some wit, some imagination...In reality it's the latter you'll need a lot of if you want to get into Bizjets with 250 hours.

What I think Flintstone and Redsnail are pointing out is that there are (longer-term) options for careers in Aviation other than with Ryanair and the Airlines. Fair point. Good point even. Unfortunately here is not the place to be boasting about how great your lives are when clearly you are not in the same stage of your careers as the people asking about funding Ryanair type ratings. I can assure you both that there are plenty of us who would much prefer to join a Bizjet operator but they won't even look at our CVs...and you know it.