PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 10 Best jobs in the U.S., 2009 Edition
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2009, 03:31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah go into medicine that’s a real easy profession...requires hardly any work and you get paid like 200grand a year oh and engineering that’s well easy too think the norm is to be paid 1million pounds and work 3 days per week

Don't be a pilot whatever you do it's really hard work and very boring, you have to live in Timbuktu and only get paid minimum wage..........

I can't think of anything I'd rather do for a living, I get paid well and the career progression is excellent. Every year I will get a pay rise then I can become captain, then move onto bigger aircraft, bigger salary.

How many of the people I went to school with earn as much money or enjoy work as much as I do?? NONE that I know of.
Aviation does not provide a stable career. It has always been somewhat risky, but the chance of maintaining a reasonable career path while we start families, raise them, move into middle age and then retire has become extraordinarily slim. In practice aviation is no longer a career as much as it is a lottery. You may have better prospects in Europe than we have in the United States at the moment, but the disease is spreading. The employees of United, USAir, Braniff, Eastern, Sabena.... the roll call goes on and on, were at one point as confident as you are now.

Mock my kids all you want, but they have watched me and my associates and they are smart enough to be seeking job skills that are of interest to them and are marketable. And they appear to not be alone, since the pool of students for flight schools in the United States has dried up.