PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windows 7 not so desirable?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2009, 00:31
seacue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you all for the comments on my request for suggestions regarding my dBase and Borland C programs.

The organization where I volunteer is investigating a commercial database system vendor whose system resides on FoxPro. FoxPro still exists, but Microsoft says they will stop supporting it in 2015. That is a too-short timeframe for our organization. The vendor says that they will rewrite for some other (unspecified) system.

The C programs are my own hobby products. Their ancestry reaches back about 15 years and nothing major has changed in over five years. I have an unknown number of users who have downloaded the programs for free. The LARGE data files are updated each month for free download. You'll note the repeated use of "free", so I'm unwilling to pay for a port.

It is my understanding that Keef used the "virtual XP" mode in Win7. My programs didn't work right with that.

I suspect that I'll have to find someone locally with a Win7 system who will let me experiment. I've had too many other things on my plate for the past months to spend any serious time on this project.

Thanks to you all.

seacue