PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair TR Funding
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2009, 20:06
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your credibility wanes as the days go by.
BN understood correctly though I accept my post may have been misleading - it was early.

For example, in the thread about the BA 777 crash at Heathrow, posters without technical knowledge and little therefore to add, had their posts removed,
Possibly because the thread could have been used as a source of info by the press and PPRUNE could have been quoted as a source, as it has been in the past. To that end I'd imagine the moderators have a job to filter the 'opinions' and try and keep the discussion strictly objective so as to maintain the credibility of the site.

There is a difference with this thread though. Someone hasn't asked a strict, closed question. They have asked a number of questions, have appeared quite leading and open and so have attracted a number of opinions. There is no definate answer to this one, nor are there to the majority of the questions asked on this site. A discussion, which we started having on the topic, will give a mix of views which have been hopefully justified and thought out. It will give a balance and range to the asker. You can't get a more definate answer to such a broad question.

I maintain my views and will continue to justify them to anyone who touches on a topic I feel I can add dimension to.

The way the question concluded to me, with:

or do you really need to find the £30,000 alone!

I would imagine the majority of people applying for ryanair are unemployed pilots, already in debt, and little chance of a bank actually saying "yes" to a £30,000 loan
came across as the poster was uncomfortably resigned to the argument I have put across. I hope I have offered comfort to them that they are no less a person by not being able to afford the loan and that if it even remotely crossed their mind to secure the debt on their parents home, that it shouldn't be an option unless they are rich or expecting an early inheritance, for the right reasons and hopefully not the wrong ones.

And to beak i think the fact 99% of posters here think you views are wrong(and so strong) says alot, and implies your hiding something, possible fact your type rated on 737 and cant get into RYN.

Well it isn't a fact, it is a statistic that you have plucked out of thin air. And besides, 99% of all statistics are made up. And I haven't hidden anything. Would I fly for Ryanair if they would take a low experience 737 pilot without extorting me out of 33K for something I already have? Yes.